Next Book Club is Wednesday 13th July, 7.45 at the Crucible Corner. We are reading 'Flowers for Algernon' by Daniel Keyes. A little bit of summer Sci-Fi. It's a relatively quick read so not too late to get started.
This happens every 3 months on the 4th Wednesday of the month. It gives us the opportunity to read a bigger book.
July is a Big Book month. We're reading "Testament of Youth' by Vera Brittain. It on Wednesday 27th July, 7.45 at the Crucible Corner.
We are going to watch 'No Man's Land' on Thursday 11th August at the Crucible. It is a play by Harold Pinter staring Ian Mckellen and Patrick Stewart. The tickets are £38. Emily has the tickets now and so If you have reserved one then can you pay her soon.
This is the list of the books for the next few months, including those for Big Book. We hope there are at least a few on here that you will enjoy. As always we have tried to get a varied mix of styles and genres.
- July 13th - Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
- Aug 10th - Disgrace by JM Coetzee
- Sept 14th - State of Wonder by Ann Pratchett
- Oct 12th - The Time Machine by H G Wells
- Nov 9th - Casino Royale by Ian Flemming
- Dec 14th - Christmas book club, graphic novel Persepolis by Marjorie Satrapi
- Jan 11th - The Beggar Maid by Alice Munro
- Feb 8th - The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula Le Guin
- July 27th - Testament of Youth by Vera Brittain
- Oct 26th - Riders by Jilly Cooper (this was much requested and so we have given in)
- Jan 25th - The Outcast by Sadie Jones (not as big as some big books)
Rachel & Emily