Book club is Next Wednesday, 9th July, 7.30 at Crucible Corner. We're reading “One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey.
The Big Book
This is an extra Book Club that happens every 3-4 months on the 4th Wednesday of the month. It gives us a chance to read a bigger book!
- Aug 27th - Crow Road - Iain Banks
- Nov 26th - Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell - Susanna Clark
Book Club Meal Out
We're going out for Southern Indian food at Mavelli's on Glossop Rd on Wednesday 16th July. The table is booked for 7.30. If you'd like to come but haven't given your name then let us know ASAP.
Book Club in Stratford
Not long till our Stratford trip on Saturday 19th July, to see 'The Two Gentlemen of Verona' by RSC. There has been some conversation on Facebook and if you're going and haven't seen it then get in touch. Most people are getting there around lunch time on the Saturday. We'll have dinner somewhere before the performance then go for drinks afterwards.
New Book list
Thanks for all your suggestions for books. They have all been perused and we have finally come up with the books for the rest of the year;
- July - One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest - Ken Kesey
- Aug - Norwegian Wood - Haruki Murakami
- Sep - Carter Beats the Devil - Glen David Gold
- Oct - Small Gods - Terry Pratchett
- Nov - Dinner At The Homesick Restaurant - Anne Tyler
- Dec - Watchmen - Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons - (A non Christmassy graphic novel for Christmas)
- Jan - Mrs Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
Make sure you visit our Book Club facebook page and 'like' it here. You can also keep up to date with current books, events and comments from others. Feel free to post your thoughts there and any book recommendations!
Rachel & Emily