The next Book club is, Wednesday 14th August, 7.30 at Crucible Corner. We are reading 'The Great Gatsby' by F Scott Fitzgerald. A story exploring the themes of decadence, idealism, social upheaval and excess, set in the roaring 20s in America.
The Big Book
This is an extra book club that happens every 3-4 months to give us a chance to read a bigger book!
The next one is THIS Wednesday 24th July - Catch 22 by Joseph Heller (mainly chosen so that we never have to have another discussion about whether we should read it!)
Trip to Whitby!
As we are reading Dracula in October we have decided on a tenuous trip to Whitby. By general consensus it has been booked for the second weekend in October 12th and 13th. You have the option of either just going for the Saturday or staying till the Sunday. There is a lot of enthusiasm for staying over so we will start looking at some accommodation. Let us know ASAP if you would like to come, so far we have:
Emily and Ryan, Rachel and family,
If you have any ideas for accommodation then let us know.
- 14th Aug - The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
- 11th Sep - Poetry - Songs of innocence and experience by Blake - Ed is going to choose some specific ones for us all to read.
- 9th Oct - Dracula - Bram Stoker
- 13th Nov - The unbearable Lightness of Being - Milan Kindera
- 11th Dec - Christmas meal at Crucible Corner (That's not a book title!) and maybe a play that is optional to read that we can go to see at the theatre in the new year?
Rachel & Emily